Forge Leadership Podcast. Episode 21 : Debbie Duncan
Author and Speaker
Lecturer / Nurse Practitioner
Debbie Duncan is a senior nurse lecturer and advanced nurse practitioner. She is also a church leader, a minister’s wife and writer. Married to Malcolm they have four grown up children.
She is author of 40 professional journal articles and co author of Lifelines: a christian novel. She is author of, “The art of daily resilience” which is a blend of experience, theology and life. She calls herself an “intuitive theologian”. Her latest book; “Brave , courage through the seasons of our lives”, has been launched this year at Spring Harvest.
Simon Barrington caught up with Debbie to ask her about her own story of resilience and about her books.
“So it’s so important that we do look after ourselves and also you know if you are unwell, if you don’t look after yourself you’re not going to be able to cope at the moment of crisis then you really aren’t going to help the people around you whether it’s your team or the people that you’re helping to support becasue you yourself are unwell”
In this episode you will learn :
- Why tackling resilience needs a holistic approach of body, mind and soul
- How resilience comes from the art of daily discipline
- How bravery looks different for different people and is often smaller and found in the normal activities of life
Three things to do now
1) Subscribe to the Forge Leadership Podcast to ensure that you don’t miss an episode
2) Join Forge Leadership on Social Media
Twitter / Instagram: @forge_lead_uk